The Credit Bureaus
Report suspected fraud and establish fraud alerts by completing the online fraud alert form or calling 1-800-525-6285.
Report suspected fraud and establish fraud alerts by completing the online fraud alert form or calling 1-888-397-3742.
Report suspected fraud and establish fraud alerts by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 1-800-680-7289. Visit TransUnion’s Fraud Alert Page for more information.
- Texas Department of Public Safety Identity Theft Guide
- Texas Attorney General’s Fighting Identity Theft
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Identity Theft Site or call 1-877-ID-THEFT
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Internet Crime Complaint Center (ICCC)
- OnGuard Online
- Home of the Anti-Phishing Working Group
- How Not to Get Hooked by a 'Phishing' Scam
- Better Business Bureau Phishing Phacts
- National Consumers League’s (NCL’s) Fraud Center
- Identity Theft Resources from the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
- Identity Theft Resource Center®
- National Consumers League’s Think you’ve been a victim of ID theft?
- Identity Theft Prevention & Survival
- Texas Legal Services Center: Victims Initiative for Counseling Advocacy and Restoration of the Southwest (VICARS) online at http://www.idvictim.org — a Texas program that provides free civil legal services to victims of identity theft and financial fraud.
- National Cyber Security Alliance’s Stay Safe Online
Note: All links were valid at the time of publication. Changes to web sites not maintained by the office of the Texas Comptroller may not be reflected in the links below.